Write For Us
Want to write for us? Profit From Tech welcomes amazing guest post authors. But there are a few guidelines guest posts need to meet.
Rule #1: Target a specific keyword (that people are actually searching for)
The idea here is to make sure your work continues to earn traffic month after month from people discovering it in Google.
Your primary keyword should get at least 2000 monthly searches, and be related to the broad topic of using software to save or make money. You can use a premium tool like ahrefs or a free tool like Google’s Keyword Planner to estimate this.
Rule #2: Make it the best resource on that topic the Internet has ever seen
This is what Google ultimately wants to put at the top of the search results. Your content should be worthy of the title of “best”.
If it’s not, it has little chance of cracking the top 10, which doesn’t do either of us any good.
What does that mean?
It means covering a topic in as much detail as needed to thoroughly answer the reader’s question. It usually means writing content that’s at least 2000 words long.
Rule #3: Format it so it’s easy to read.
Formatting blog posts might be sometimes painful but is super important.
Your post should include:
- Text that is broken up with H2 subheads. These subheads should include your main keyword and related LSI keywords.
- Links to relevant internal and external resources.
- Relevant images or screenshots, 700 pixels wide if possible. Smaller is fine, bigger is not. Images need to be royalty-free.
- Your author bio with preferred link(s).
Ready to Pitch?
When all that sounds good, pitch away! Due to the volume of pitches we receive, please follow the instructions below.
If you don’t, we’ll assume you haven’t read these guidelines and will ignore your email.
- Compose your article in Google docs OR in your own WordPress dashboard and just save as a draft.
- Run your draft through Hemingway or Grammarly (or both).
- Send your pitch to an editor at [email protected]
- Use the Subject line: “Guest post pitch: [Your proposed title]”
- Link to the Google Doc version of your post.
Profit From Tech Team